Question
Posted by: Catherine | 2010/04/29

Stool and Pregnancy

Sorry such a gross subject. I am not 100% sure, but I think I am seeing blood in my Stool. It isn''t every time and is usually in larger peaces. I see like a dark red something in the cracks of the stool. When I wipe there is no blood, but I do sometimes have mucus. I am in no pain or anything, I am not even constipated.

I am now 5 months pregnant and I am not sure if I should panic or not. Could this be cancer?

Kindest Regards
Cath

If you think there is blood in your stools you should tell your doctor. There are ways of testing for it. Piles are common in pregnancy and could be the cause.