Question
Posted by: Denise | 2008/08/28

Stomic Problem

Dear Dr. Breedt

I.ve just came out of Hospital. The Specialised Surgen that treated me discovered something very disturbing when he did a Gastroscopy on me. My throught, stomic velves, stomic and part of my coulon system are burned as he called it. He said to me that i' ve got a bacteria in my system that is eating the side walls of the above. When i eat or drink something, i feel uncomvortable, i get cramps and it burns. The dockter gave my 2 tipes of antibiotics. I would like to know if there is anything that i must be carefull of eating and drinking. I' ve had this problem for almost three years now and the other dockters told me that there is nothing they can give me to kill this bacteria, they can only put it into rest. I lost 20kg in 2 months. The dockter said that it can turn into cancer. Is there anything that i can do that can help prevent it. Please i' m in desperate need of help.

Thanx

Denise

Hi Denise
Read this article - it explains all: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hpylori/
this is quite a common condition and antibiotics can kill the bacteria. The burn ( ulceration or gastritis) is treatable with medication. It looks as if your doctor did a thorough examination and gave the right treatment. Avoid sharp or burning foods like vinegar, spices, tomato sauce, coffee, pepper, tobasco sauce, curry, alcohol and smoking. Pawpaw is soothing to the stomach. Otherwise you can eat all the normal healthy foods. You must take the whole course of your medication regularly and for as long as the doctor tells you, even if you feel better.

2
Posted by: Girly | 2008/09/02

Severe burning all the time on medication but still not working had this problem for 23 years. Bloating and severe pains after eating. Just constant burning whether I eat or not HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Reply to Girly
Posted by: Girly | 2008/09/02

I have had severe stomach problems since the age of 18 doctors keep telling me it is stress, my stomach burns all the timewhether I eat or dont eat my stomach is sore. I get bloated I am on medication for the last 5 years but still feel no real relief. Have had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy with specialist. What can I do to stop the burning I feel as if I have a tornado in me,

Reply to Girly