I' ve had stomach problems for about 2 - 3 years. They seemed to happen very suddenly. Before it started, I felt like something was stuck in my throat, then my nose itched alot. Then, I started having painful burps, acid reflux, constipation, and severe anxiety attacks, especially during the full moon (which is also when my period was a that time, but not anymore, and it still happens), I then started having severe chestpain and shortness of breath - panic attacks, I was told. I' ve been told I was just under stress, I was having a breakdown, it was just acid reflux, it is constipation. Nothing has helped at all. I' ve been on 3 different antidepressents, xanax, klonapin, nexium, laxatives. Could it be worms, or other parasite? How do I get my doctor to listen?

Dear Anonymous
The tightness in the throat, the burps, acid reflux and chestpain with shortness of breath can all be signs of a hiatus hernia with acid reflux. I think you should see a gastroenterologist as you maybe need a gastroscopy examination (looking into the esophagus with a flexible camera)

I saw a gastroenterologist a few months ago. He did an endoscopy and said there was some minimal inflamation and a 3 cm hiatus hernia. He said I should quit smoking, which I did, and double up on the nexium, which I did, and take Miralax, which I do, eat more fiber, which is part of every meal. I still haven' t seen any improvement. That was almost 3 months ago. The stomach pain I can live through. It actually seems much better, but the nervousness and gas pain (?) does not seem any better. And I' ve been yanked off of 3 different antidepressants even though all my symptoms revolved around this belly bloating sensation. I' ve had no real depression-related symptoms. Now, my doctors just look at me like I' m crazy and tell me I need to take Xanax. Anything else it could be? Will it be a part of my life forever? I have been a slave to this for nearly 3 years now.