Posted by: Brad | 2009-01-12

stomach problems or i dont know

For the past two years I' ve been getting this stomach pains and they get stronger everytime, and at the same time I get chest pains as well (I am asmatic) but this is not all I cant seem to eat and when I can eat the food stays in for a while and then they all come out and that makes me feel even worse. And another thing is that some times when I go to the toilet my urine has a reddish bloodish colour. I really need your advise and I am also afraid to go see doc, the last time I went the doc just gave me alot of pills and that didnt help. So please can you help there are time when I go days without food and often feel like Im going to have blackouts.

Please help

Dear Brad
You probably need to have a gastroscopy to check for a peptic ulcer. If you have a medical aid, ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist. If you don't have medical aid, ask the doctor at outpatients to refer you to the gastro enterology clinic at your nearest public hospital