Posted by: Nursegurl | 2011-11-15

Stomach problems

For the past week I have been waking up every morning with nausea but have only vomited a small amount of clear and yellow liquid. The doctor prescribed me omprazole 20mg QD and I have been taking it but I''m still nauseated every morning. There is no possibility of pregnancy because I just had a menstrual cycle last week. Could stress cause this? I am a nurse.

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy, if indicated. It is possible that you have a gastric ulcer. Stress has been shown to cause gastric ulcers but more often, it is due to an infected of H. Pylori. Try a natural remedy to alleviate your stress. If your stress does not improve, consult a psychiatrist for stress therapy.