Question
Posted by: Adams | 2010/11/11

Stomach Problems

Hi Doc,

For the last year at least once a month, I seem to develop gastro. My stomach cramps and I have diahorrea and nausea but no vomiting and it usually happens just before my period or after.

What is the cause of this? I keep going to my local GP and the medication helps but the following month it''s back! Is there something I can use to keep this from happening? Is there something wrong with me? Is it something I''m eating?

Please help...its really frustrating.

Hi Adams
Next time this happens, ask your doctor to send a stool sample to the lab. Some parasite infections could cause intermittend diarrhoea and one can pick these up from unwashed lettuce in restaurants. A spastic colon or food intolerance can also cause diarrhoea but most common causes should be excluded first.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/11

Hi Adams
dr Bets