stomach problems

at certain times, especially when stressed i get pain in the upper part of my stomach just below my sternum and if i apply pressure from below my sternum to my belly button it is also quite sore. this is accompanied by bloating. the rest of my digestive tract is normal, no heart burn or constipation. the symptoms are temporarily relieved by eating or by burping. please help as it is affecting my sleep.

Dear Anonymous
You may have inflammation of the stomach lining ( gastritis) or even a peptic ulcer. Try Mucaine for the pain, and see your doctor if this does not help enough for the pain, as then you may need to get a prescription for something stronger like Nexiam.