Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010/11/15

Stomach problem

Hi. I was away in the Maldives and got a burning and cramping in my stomach. I struggled to pass stools and when i did it was all water. I took some immodium for the cramping and runny-ness and now, a week and a half later my stomach is still bubbling. I eventually managed to empty out my bowels today, but now I feel so nauseous and my back is so sore! I could barely sleep last night with the discomfort.
I hadn''t eaten anything spicy or drank any alcohol, i ate nothing that i wouldn''t normally.
Is there any thing I can do to get my stomach/bowels back in order? I''m so tired of being crampy/sore/blocked up and then runny :(

Please help...

Hallo Karen
You may have picked up a parasite or bacteria and you may need antibiotics or Flagyl. Please put a teaspoon of stool in a clean bottle and take it to your doctor to send to a lab. In the mean time, use probiotics 1 three times a day.

3
Posted by: Practical | 2010/11/16

And how do you think will you get it to the lab otherwise? Obviously you use a throw away plastic spoon...

Reply to Practical
Posted by: anon | 2010/11/15

sies man, thats disgusting

Reply to anon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/15

Hallo Karen