Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/08/12

Stomach Problem

Hello Doctor

I' ve got this sharp pain (a knot like feeling) in my stomach, just under my rib cage in the middle and it goes across my back. I can' t move, have ' hot flushes'  and feel very nauseas and have thrown up before.

I went to the doctor who told me it was indigestion, but think it could be more serious.

Any idea what it could be?

Hi Cindy
It is very suspicious of a peptic ulcer or gastritis ( inflammation of the lining of the stomach) Try using Mucaine 10 ml 3-4 times a day for pain, avoid sour or burning foods, ask your doctor to put you on a medication to reduce the forming of acid in the stomach like Zantac or Ulsanic for a month.