Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/06/24

Stomach palpitations

A friend experiences stomach palpitations, which can be felt in the stomach and throat and can occur at any time. It is terrifying and she feels as if she is going to get a heart attack. The doctor does not seem to be over worried about this. What could the cause be and what should she do? She is almost 70 and in good health. Her gallbladder was removed when she was younger.

Hallo Linda
Whether she feels it in the throat or stomach, the cause will be heart related, so I would suggest that she gets an ECG to see if there is an arrytmia that needs to be treated.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Lin | 2010/06/28

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted my friend, who tells me that she has had an ECG and has no heart-disorder. She has also swallowed a camera and had a colonoscopy - a spastic colon was diagnosed.

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/24

Hallo Linda
dr Bets