Posted by: Suzie | 2010-07-11

Stomach pain during meals

Hi doctor
Is there an explanation for an extremely painful stomach whenever I eat? It starts when I take my first mouthful of food and lasts for up to an hour after I have finished my meal. No other symptoms.

It is possible that you have a peptic ulcer and it is therefore, important to consult your doctor for a gastroscopy and possible barium meal. A gastroscopy is when the doctor looks inside your stomach and gut to establish if there is an area of irritation or if an ulcer has formed. Consult your doctor as soon as possible in order to resolve your problem.

Posted by: anon | 2010-07-12

I had that once! It turned out I had an inflammation of the stomach lining, and every time I was about to eat my stomach would excrete excess acid which would make my stomach hurt.

Could be the same for you?? You''ll need to go to the doctor for some meds to clear it up.

Reply to anon