Question
Posted by: Diana | 2011/11/14

stomach pain, dizziness and fatigue

My 26 year old daughter has been complaining from severe abdominal pain, heartburn, dizziness and fatigue fro the past week. Has been to our GP twice and the medication she was given is not helping. One possibility is a stomach ulcer. Please help, she is in tears and I don''t know what to do anymore.

Diana

She will have to consult a general surgeon or gastroenterologist. If a ulcer suspected, a gastroscopy will be advisable. In the interim, she can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily before meals. The fatigue and dizziness can be due to severe pain or anemia, due to a bleeding gastric ulcer.