Posted by: margs | 2012-09-25

Stomach pain

Last Night I was woken by strong pain in my upper abdomen between my ribs. I took an eno which did not help. it got progressively worse and i got incredibly hot then broke out in a hectic sweat and then got the chills. the pain then subsided to a mild burn and then suddenly it would happen all over again. when the pain was its worst i would feel like there was pressure on my lungs and i was also light headed. I took another Eno and it helped a little. the pain went away after an hour and now mi am just left with a mild burning. I have had indigestion and heart burn befor (lately more frequently) but never anything that felt like this. could it just be a bad case of indigestion or worse?

It is possible that you are suffering from gastric reflux and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, barium meal and possible gastroscopy. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily, as this will alleviate reflux and indigestion symptoms.