Posted by: DOUBLED OVER IN PAIN | 2011-03-07

I have had really bad stabbing pains in my uppper abdomen/stomach area for almost 6 days now which are killing me for lack of a better word. I am also feeling nausea each time the pains come - which are every few minutes. Yesterday I also ran a fever of 38.2 for most of the day. I am struggling with my bowel movements as I have hemoroids so I am wondering whether the two ailments can be related. If so, what should I do?

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-08

Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011-03-07

Dear Doubled over in pain
You may have a gallbladder infection - please see your doctor as soon as possible as with a temperature of more than 38 you probably need antibiotics, maybe even a drip.

Reply to Dr Bets