Posted by: gina | 2009-08-16

Stomach Pain

I have severe stomach pain just below my ribcage but above belly button. It is a sharp pain not a cramp. I have had this pain before after eating a lot of garlic and once before after trying oysters for the first time. The pain is so severe that I double over. Could this be a food intolerance or maybe my gall bladder. I hade onions the night before the pain started.

This can be dyspepsia, reflux gastritis or gastric irritation. For symptomatic relief, you should avoid the triggering factors as you have experienced with garlic, onions and oysters. Try Gaviscon Advanced, 20ml, three times daily before meals. If this does not alleviate your symptoms, you should consult your doctor.