Stomach Pain

Hi there.
Can you advise me on if I have an ulcer. I get pain in my stomach, top part where you ribcage starts. It pains so much sometimes that it cause stiches though towards my back. I' ve read about the symptoms for peptic ulers ect. but I don' t have any of the commong symptoms like heartburn, nausia and vomitting or anything. Just the stomach ache. It starts about 2 o clock in the morning when I' m asleep, and keeps me awake all night. I take Lansoloc and Mucaine, but I don' t think its wise to always take the medication, if the pain accurs every night. During the day its fine. I' m at the point where I' m too affraid to eat anything, for the fear of my stomach aching. Do you think it is an ulcer, and if so, why just the ache and not the rest of the symptoms?

Dear Anon
It sounds like a possible ulcer. Please see a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy to confirm. Not all people have all the symptoms.

Posted by: ANON | 2009-06-09

I would like to find out if the bones in my shoulder are " too dry" . When I move my shoulders it sounds like it' s grinding - and my shoulders and back have been sore for a while now.

What can I do about it please?

Thank you !

Reply to ANON