Stomach pain

I have had a progressively worsening pain in my stomach for three days now. The pain is severe when my stomach is touched or when I am lying down. The pain is concentrated in the area to the left of the navel (sort of half way between the navel and hip). I have thought of constipation but my stomach is regular with no change to the usual routine. My appendix has been removed. Bladder operation is also normal

Dear Anonymous
This could be due to a kidneystone, or if you are female a problem in the ovaria/salphynx, or even inflammation of the bowel (diverticulitis). It may even be a hernia. Whatever the cause I think this needs further examination by at least a x/ray and or a sonar as soon as possible.