Posted by: KB | 2011-10-20

Stomach Issues

Not sure I''m at the right place, but here is my concern...
I am 37, 1.64cm tall and weigh 78kg (overweight I know) and that is the problem. I struggle to lose weight but at the same time my 8 year old eats 3 times as much as I do. At times I struggle to finish a breadroll!! It''s not that I have eaten enough, but feels more like my stomach is overstretched and I''ve eaten a truckload instead. What would the explanation for something like this be. Sometimes I just don''t feel normal and I''m almost positive that it''s the reason I cannot lose weight! Please advise.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello KB,
Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information for me to draw conclusions on your problem. Your weight issue might be purely metabolic. I suggest that you consult with a dietician and first see if you are eating in healthy and moderated way. From there, you might want to take other measures. Do not under eat.