Question
Posted by: Marj adams | 2011-11-17

Stomach cramps

Good day dr, my boy is 10years started, for the first time, two days ago complaining about cramps on his stomach. It gets at times so bad that he literally crawls by the pain. There is no diarree or bowl problems. I took him to the dr, gp, who confirmed no signs of appendix problems or problems with his intestines and prescribed HYOSPASMOL 10MG TABS 4 per day and Gaviscon Advance, however there is no real relieve. What will the next step be and what exactly might be wrong. The final exams has just stared, might that be a factor too? Kind regards, MCG ADAMS

Marj

You can consult a gastroenterologist for an examination. It is possible that he has a viral infection of the lymph nodes inside the abdomen, which can be very painful and can even mimic chronic apendisitis. It is also possible that his abdominal cramps are stress related, due to the upcoming exams. You can consult your pharmacist for a natural product to alleviate any examination stress.

1
Posted by: xyz | 2011-11-17

It can be his nerves for the exams, but try Buscopan, for cramps.

Reply to xyz