Posted by: Heidi | 2012-12-10

Stomach Brew

Thank you so much for your forum , its great and so helpful .

Sorry this post is very long but want to give you as much info as i can .

Im 26 yrs old Female and bmi btw 19 and 20

I try get the gym 6 times a week but norm only get there 3-5 times and train for about 45 mins , do combination of resistance and cardio.

I eat very healthy all the time , you have previously evaluated my average meals . I am VERY blessed where i do not crave " junk "  food so really dont eat it take aways etc ... I tend to get my protein from Dairy and egg whites and rarely fish or white meat chicken , never eat any other meats ( dont like it) , i do not starve myself by any stretch of the imagination and eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks and i do not elimante any food groups ( except my carbs are all complex no simple carbs)

Suppliements are omega 3,6,9 multi vit and calcium and magnesium

I do suffer with my stomach though i def get enough fibre , but go through phases where my stomach is sore bloated etc , or i dont go to the loo for a few days , i have used senna when desperate and that the only thing that gives results but on cant live on that

Recently i was at the health and wellness expo and was introduced to a product ( not sure if i can mention product details so rather wont :)) but I have listed the ingrediants below, its a liquid in a 24ml sachet and i had one when my stomach was very bad ( sore to the touch etc ) and it really helped .

i am about to order some but wanted to ask your opinion on the product also if you could maybe advise what could be cause?

Water, Probiotics*, Fruit Juice, Molasses, Kelp, Cinnamon Extract and Sea Salt.
* Lactic acid bacteria (Bifido-bacterium animalis ssp lactis, Bi bifidum, Bi longumLactobacillus acidophilus, L.bulgaricus, L. casei, L. delbrueckii, L. fermentum, L. plantarum, L. diacetylactis, L. lactis, Bacillus subtilis, Streptococcus thermophilus): 22 000 000 cfu/serving. Saccharomyces cerevisiae: 25 000 cfu/serving. Rhodopseudomonas palustris.

Dear Heidi
Thank you for your kind words about the DietDoc Forum. From what you say, you may be suffering from sporadic irritable bowel disease (IBS). The probiotics or good microorganisms in the product you were introduced to, will help for the IBS, but it is doubtful if the other ingredients are going to help. So I would recommend that you use up the product you have purchased. Once it is finished, you can purchase Bifidoflora (Bifidobacteria), which is recommended specifically for the treatment of disorders of the colon or Intestiflora (Lactobacilli & Bifidobacteria) which is recommended for adults to restore the intestinal flora. You can buy these 2 probiotics at health shops.
Please keep in mind that two of the most important factors in IBS are a lack of dietary fibre and stress. To increase your dietary fibre intake and obtain tips about this condition, click on ‘Diet & Nutrition’ at the top of this page, ‘You are what you eat’ and “Healthy GI tract’. Your doctor will be able to prescribe medicines which can relieve the flatulence such as Bevispas, so chat to your doctor about such medications.
To relieve stress I would recommend that you should learn relaxing techniques, how to do deep breathing exercises and some form of relaxing physical exercise, such as yoga (not only gym exercise which can add to stress). Going for brisk walks in the fresh air also helps to relieve tension.

Posted by: chantal hutton | 2013-01-18

can you use bevispas if you have had a heart attack?8q7

Reply to chantal hutton