Question
Posted by: Rosie | 2009/09/21

Stomach ache

Hi doc
I am just over 8 weeks pregnant (IVF baby) and since the beginiing have had stomach aches on and off, my gynae said it could be an enlarged ovary, what do you think? Is there anything i can take for it? It is really annoying. It comes and goes throughout the day. Thank you!!

Dear Rosie

There are many changes taking place in the early stages of pregnancy, which may all contribute, to abdominal pain or discomfort. Enlargement of the ovaries certainly occur after IVF and may persist for several months. The best treatment is just to manage symptoms conservatively and with time they more than likely would subside.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim