Question
Posted by: liezel | 2011-04-28

stomach

I am a 38 year old female. I suffer with Reflux and am on Topzole twice a day. Lately I have been suffering with stomach cramps and diarreha. I have had blood tests and a colonoscopy done three weeks ago and the Dr found nothing. He has give me Questran Lite to take. I take half a sachet a day. I have taken it for the past since days and I have still got diarreha and when I need to go to the toilet I need to go no matter where I am. It has started becoming quite embarresing. It happens with whatever I eat, whether it is dairy, meat, etc.
Please tell what else I can do or whether I need to go for a second opinion.

Hallo Liezel
Topzole can cause diarrhoea as a side effect. I suggest that you stop it for a few days and see if the diarrhoea improves. You can also take a stool sample to your local laboratory to check for underlying parasite or bacterial infection (ask for a MCS of the stool) (a teaspoonful in a clean sterilized pill bottle will be enough)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-04-28

Hallo Liezel