Question
Posted by: MM | 2009/11/12

Stomach

Hi there, I exercise 5 times a week, and my stamach muscles is hard to the touch. I have some fat that I can lose, but I am in the healthy margin. However, it is as if my stomach does not get flatter, the muscles just get harder. Is ther something I am doing wrong, or something that I must do to flatten my stamch.

Hi MM

No, you're not doing anything wrong. You are just seeing a very common problem, and that's that we store fat in very specific areas, and combating this is very difficult. It requires general fat loss. And so when you say that you have some fat that you can lose, that's the problem right there. It's very difficult to lose that last 2 to 5% though, and so you just have to keep going at it with a combination of really good exercise and a good diet, both of which are vital. And maybe in your case, diet is important and will swing the balance in favour of losing that last little bit.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/15

Hi MM

Reply to fitnessdoc