Question
Posted by: lebo | 2010-07-09

stoke cause of death

My mother was not even sick she was a healthy person until suddenly she had a bad flu and we rushed her to the docctor and gave her antibiotics and he checked his high blood pressure which was normal and during the night thinks got worse she was sleeping and i did hear him screaming when i rushed to the bedroom i foun her lying in the floor unconsious and passed urine we rushed her to the hospital and when they examined her,her high blood was high she was still unconsious only snoring they did even put her on drip only the oxygen, and the doctor told us that she had stroke and clot on the brain and they told us that the is nothing they can do becoz it was on saturday and there was no doctors we have to wait until monday and sunday she passed away.just asking was there any possibility that if there was doctors she could be with us plz help me

So sorry to hear about this, Lebo. Such a sad experience. I have some experience of strokes ; my late mom had one, but managed with courage and hard work to survive and lived around 10 more years. But hers was, though in a difficult part of the brain, fortunately a reasonably small stroke.
A stroke is when there is either a blood clot that blocks one of the blood vessels in the brain, or a leak and bleeding from a blood vessel in the brain, causing damage to a part of the brain, as the cells in the area that is now not getting a blood supply due to the stroke, usually die. Some, on the edges of that area may survive and heal.
But it all depends on the size of the stroke and the area affected.
GOod nursing can be very important in the early days to help a person survive bodily while the brain sees if it can heal and survive damage. But except perhaps for some treatments to bring down the blood presure if it is very high, there may quite often be relatively little a doctor can do in those early days.
It is disgraceful that there is ANY hospital where there are no doctors available, even on call, over the weekend, and any comp[etent medical administration would not let that happen.
But it is rather probable, sadly, that there was nothing useful that a doctor could have done if there had been one. From your description, this sounds like it was a rather large stroke, from which perhaps most people would have died anyway.
But this is just a guess, as one would have had to be present or at least to read a proper report from the doctor who admitted her to the hospital, to answer better

2
Posted by: anon | 2010-07-09

i would believe so, yes. gosh.

Reply to anon