Question
Posted by: Jeanne | 2010/02/24

Stocks

Dear Dietdoctor,

I was wondering about stocks used in cooking (chicken or beef stock). I''m pretty good at eating right, but refuse to eat bland chicken breasts and the like so I''ve become quite good at making tasty interesting dishes out of good, healthy, low fat ingredients. I''ve recently discovered a nice recipe for rice cooked in chicken stock. How fattening is chicken stock and are there hidden baddies in it that I should worry about. (I''m not worried about salt since my bp is usually lower than normal).

thanks!
Jeanne

Dear Jeanne
Chicken stock cubes contain approx. 80 kJ per 10 g cube and 0,8 g fat, so these stock cubes are not fattening esp if you dilute them in water and distribute them over a dish.
Enjoy

1

Dear Jeanne
Enjoy