Question
Posted by: Mamat | 2009/06/08

Stitching

I had lletz in February this year. I am now 10 week pregnant and my gyena says i will have to have stitches as she thinks my uterus walls maybe too thin and would be strong enough to carry the baby full term, but says i might bleed and lead to miscarraige. What are the chances of miscarrying? I am so worried i can' t even sleep at night or tell the whole world that i am pregnant as i might miscarry at 14 weeks.

I cannot give you a figure for the chnace of miscarrying but, if your doctor thinks that the LLETZ has resulted in an incomptent cervix, then the stitch is the best option.