Posted by: bella | 2011-09-22

I had a back operation 5 weeks ago and had disolving stitches. The problem is that the stitches didn''t all disolve and the skin healed over them and now there are lumps in the scar and it is itchy and very sore. My actual back problem is sorted by the scar is giving me terrible problems when the skin moves. I have a problem lying on my back because the lumps are sore.
What should I do about the lumps? I have tried hot water running on my back and put special cream on but that doesn''t help.
I am not sure whether I want to waste the specialists time with something that he might think is minor and not within his field.
Help. Regards Bella

Excessive scar tissue has formed around the stitches and you will have to consult your surgeon to have it removed.

Posted by: K | 2011-09-22

I agree with Verona - my sister had the same problem, but after a thyroid op - definately an issue your specialist MUST address.

Reply to K
Posted by: Verona | 2011-09-22

Go back to your specialist. This is not minor.

Reply to Verona