Posted by: irritated | 2009-05-14

In march a glass pane fell on my foot (between the big and 2nd toes) and shattered inside.
In the end the doctor gave me 3 stitches on top and 1 at the bottm, although there was still maybe 2/3 shards inside that is supposed to be expelled naturally.
In the mean time, the wound has healed but has latedly become very sore due to my training routine.
Is there anything i can do to alleviate the pain and help my body expel the shards quicker?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Irritated

I'm not sure how the pieces will be expelled naturally, in the meantime they are obviously causing some damage inside the foot. I suggest you have an x-ray of the area to find how many pieces are left and where they are and consider having them removed.