Posted by: in pain | 2009-01-19

Stitch-like pain before period

For the past few months I have been experiencing a stitch-like pain in my righthand side. Occasionally I get a mild similar pain on the left. It happens off and on during the month, but the week before my period is due, the righthand side pain is very sore. Do you think I have cause for concern? I am worried about ovarian cysts etc. Could this hamper me falling pregnant? We have been trying unsuccessfully since Feb last year.

You should see your gynaecologist to assess this. Most women fall pregnant within a year, so it is time to see someone in this regard as well.

Posted by: in pain | 2009-01-21

Dear V
I have spoken to my gynae and he said this is most likely caused by endometriosis and he has suggested a laproroscopy to check it out.
Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Reply to in pain
Posted by: V | 2009-01-20

I have the same thing. Seems worse after the birth of my babies. It was so bad this month that I could not walk.
Going to see the Gynae soon for my annual and hopefully see why. I do have endometriosis which might be it but not sure.

Reply to V