Question
Posted by: s | 2012-06-18

stitch

I am a profesional dancer and I did a show on saturday, just one dance of about 6mins so nothing hectic at all. At the end of the dance I felt a stitch in my right side. Strange thing is it hasnt gone away yet and it is now Monday night. What could be causing this?
I have noticed the last couple of times I performed that I felt quite weak and had a feeling in my stomach like diarohea that came on very suddenly during a performance (it wasnt there before I went on stage and there were no nerves other than what usually experience before a performance) I find i sweat quite alot and come off stage in a cold sweat feeling very queasy. This has been happening since April (having had a tummy flu prior) but the situation with the stitch is a definite first.
i am 31 years old, no known illnesses and I am not taking any medication except a birth control pill

Your symptoms are atypical and it is very difficult to provide an informed opinion. I strongly suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination, blood tests and possible abdominal ultrasound.