Question
Posted by: Justine | 2009/03/26

Stinging Nettle Tea

Hi Doc,

is it true this tea may aid in weight loss? Do you believe suppliments help?

Dear Justine
I am not acquainted with the ingredients in this Stinging Nettle tea, but I suspect that it will contain harsh laxatives and diuretics even if they are of plant origin. I do not think this is a safe product to use, but you can check for yourself. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', and then on 'Diet Detective' to compare the ingredients with the list of herbal slimming ingredients that are potentially harmful. Rather be sensible and lose weight with a low-fat diet and daily exercise.