Question
Posted by: Wilson Wray | 2010/04/25

Stinger/pinched nerve

I am a 44 year old male.

Yesterday I was playing rugby when I was dumped on my head and left shoulder. I had a burning sensation in my left arm that is generally associated with a stinger. I had no feeling or movement in my left arm for about 3 minutes. Gradually the feeling returned. However, 24 hours later I still have numbness/pins-and-needles in my left inside forearm and thumb.

How long can I expect this the numbness to last. Should I see a doctor.

Hallo Wilson
You may have bruised a nerve in the shoulder area. It may be safer to have your doctor examine your arm, especially if you have any signs of muscle weakness in the arm, as you may need referral to an orthopedic surgeon.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/28

Hallo Wilson

Reply to cyberdoc