Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009/04/02

Q.

Stilpane

I recently found out that someone close to me is giving her 4 year old up to 70mls of Stilpane in one day. She goes through approximately 4 bottles per week! She also has a 1.5 year old and God only know what dosage she is giving him.

Please give me information regarding addiction, affects on organs such as kidneys and liver etc so that I can scare the & ^%* out of her to stop what she is doing.

Thank you.

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagePaediatrician

There is a major problem here. Stilpane contains codeine among other ingredients which is addictive or dependence forming.If your friend is giving this medicine to her 4 year old on a daily basis and to her baby this is really serious and needs to be brought to the attention of her doctor in the first instance.If necessary you may need to alert a social worker as well.

3
user comments
Posted by: Jesse | 2009/04/02

Mee to i am scared to give my little boy of 14 months 3ml.

That is seriously not right what she is doing? Who told you this? Are you sure of your facts> ????

Reply to Jesse

I would think that this person who is close to you has a problem, no one / parent in their right mind would ever give their child/ren that amount for no reason.

I would report her to the welfare if I were you. Surely her child/ren are not that sick otherwise they would be in hospital - It can cause some serious damage.

Posted by: vis | 2009/04/02

Gosh, I would be scared to give my toddler 5ml!!!!
That is terrible!!

Reply to vis

Want to comment?