Posted by: ANONYMOUS | 2010-09-15

Still working hard in dangers place

Hi, iam a Electrician and Instrument Technican. Iam 6months Pregnaunt. My boss still sends me in very loud and dangerous place. He thinks that if i stand there work with someone its not dangerous for me. Some places are extremly hot, at night my feet are so swollen from the standing around , how can i tell him that iam exhausted and can do the work any more? And can i ask for a nother position for time being?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You are very well protected by legislation. The employer is mandated to do a Health Risk Assessment with you and,you have to be satisfied that the working environment is suitable for you. If you are having problems with an unhelpful boss contact the department of Labour ASAP>