Question
Posted by: daddy-wanna-be | 2009-07-21

Still trying for a baby...

Hi...

Just wanted to find out.... me and the missus have been trying to conceive our first baby for about 5 months now... and no such luck yet... we are both 28 years old and are in good health.

how long should we keep trying for before looking at going for tests etc etc...?

Thanks...

daddy-wanna-be...

Dear Daddy-wanna-be

By definition infertility is the inability to fall pregnant with frequent and regular unprotected intercourse for a period of at least 1 year. So providing you are both young and well and that your partner is seeing her periods regularly then I suggest you wait an entire year before looking at going for any tests.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: sammy | 2009-07-23

hi daddy wanna be, im 28 and my hubby is 30, also in perfect health.
last year we found out that i had fibroids, i had an op to remove them. then this year, we found out my tubes were blocked, so we' re currently undergoing assisted reproduction. i never thought this could happen to us. i' d advise that your missus goes to see a gynae asap. just to be certain that there' s nothing bigger that just lack of timing (missing ovulation and the likes) good luck

Reply to sammy