Posted by: Jocelyn | 2013-01-10

Still limping &  sore him 1 year after right femur fracture

i sustained a comminuted degmental right femur fracture in an acciden 1 year ago. An intra-medullary nail was inserted, but with the extent of the injury, the femur was internally fixated in internal rotation. New screws were inserted (lower leg only) and femur derotated. I have a slight limp with my right leg swinging in to the left when I walk, still feel soreness in my hip when going up stairs or walking short distances and can''t bend my right leg in, like when you sit cross legged or put you right leg on your right knee. It has been 1 year, should I not have recovered fully by now?

Posted by: Tanya | 2013-07-19

I fractured my left femur in a snowmobile accident January 27, 2013 and I'm just now getting 12 on ROM to bend my knee. My hip sits lower than the other causing discomfort and my left fractured leg is longer . I am also healing slow. Last x-ray showed that the bone was still soft and hadn't hardened around the rod . Long long process and recovery time this has been. I can't cross my legs either. Have you tried a chiropractor ? I went to one about hip but I can't get adjusted like I need to be as they don't want to touch me until bone hardens. They do a little adjusting which helped . Good luck.

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: Prabhjot Bajwa | 2013-07-14

Hi Even I had a very severe femur fracture...... It was a 180 degree parallel to ground fracture.... its been 2.5 yrs and still I limp at times and in stairs and a few times while sleeping soreness does exist. If anyone can gimme a wayout, plz lemme know.

Reply to Prabhjot Bajwa