Question
Posted by: rita | 2010/07/23

still bleeding while pregnant

Morning. I am 6 weeks and 4days now. I started bleeding round about at 5and a half weeks, and it really is not that bad, only when wiping, only appeared on my pad a bit twice in the last 7 days. went to the gynae, she did a scan, everything was perfect, hearbeat is strong, cervix is closed, baby is growing accordingly. She did a urine test, came back all clear. So what is causing the bleeding????? she has put me on utrogestan 100mg twice a day. I have noticed as soon as I start drinking bottles full of water the bleeding dissapears and it becomes a whitish/yellowish discharge, but this morning when I woke up, I had no spotting, so I drank a cup of coffee before starting my daily water intake, and at round about 9:30 i noticed a thin stripe of blood. did this happen to anyone as well, the reason for it, and did they carry a full term healthy baby or am I going to eventually lose this baby as well? had a misscarriage in March, was 7weeks pregnant and this will be my 3rd baby, have two girls and did not experience any of these complications with them

This sounds like a threatened miscarriage. More than 80% will settle down and carry on normally. It is probably a coincidence that the bleeding settles aftr water and starts after coffee.

1