Question
Posted by: Jeanne | 2010/04/14

Still bleeding 9 weeks after giving birth

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me.
I gave birth to my little girl about 9 weeks ago and am still on my periods. It differs some days it looks like its gone away and other days it can get quite heavy. The nurse told me it would last up to 6 weeks but I am going on 9 weeks now. Do I have a problem?

Perhaps you should have it checked out.

3

Perhaps you should have it checked out.

Posted by: Purple | 2010/04/15

It should have stopped by 6 weeks. Make an urgent appointment to see your gynae. Explain to the receptionist that it is urgent, if she won''t give you an appointment, go and see your GP as they can assess the situation and if they feel it is very urgent will be able to force the receptionist to give you an appointment that day or the next.

I wish doctors knew what their receptionists were like to patients. I''ve changed peadiatricians because of a receptionist. I''ve also changed GP''s because of a receptionist. They lose doctors business. I''m not someone who phones in or makes unneccessary appointments - then I''d understand a receptionist getting p''d off. Some are lovely and so suited to their work, others seem to think they are in some sort of powerful position and m ore important than anyone else.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: ? | 2010/04/14

Have you told your gynie at 6 weeks checkup and what did he/she say?

Reply to ?