Question
Posted by: Goo | 2011/10/27

Still a problem after Insulin Resistanec

Hi there,

I found out last year I have Insulin Resistance and from that lost 9/10kgs to date. It seems to be under control now but I have a concern. I am 30yrs old, am +- 5" 3ish and weigh 48kgs. I eat very healthily and am getting to the stage where I dont really wanna eat much at all because im struggling with the problem I have. This problem is the fat and rolls on my back and excess fat on my stomach I have which wont budge.

Im not sure how to get rid of it because as I lose weight, the rest of my body gets thinner except my problem area. Do you have any advise for me pls?? Ive seen my endocrinologist and mentioned I could do DNP but decided against it as its so dangerous so i have tried reverject and it work a bit but still have the problem to date

Thanks.

You've lost weight from insulin resistance? That's unusual because usually it goes the other way.

At this stage, 48kg is very light. That would be a concern of its own, and something you might look at addressing through exercise. The good news is that if you do exercise, then you can hopefully kill two birds with one stone, because anything that increases your lean mass (which will be a good thing) will also help lose fat (which is the goal for you).

So my advice is to do some weight training, to prevent that problem of getting thinner except where you want to. I'm not sure if getting to a gym and starting 3 or 4 days of training is an option for you, but that's what I'd recommend. Exercise will also form a key part of your health going forward. And finally, diet is vital. There's now some really good evidence that people who are insulin resistant or diabetic do really well on a diet that is lower in carbs, but it's a complex diet and so I think you might talk with someone about this!

Ross

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/30

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/30

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc