Question
Posted by: Brian | 2011-06-06

Stiffness/pins and needles in wrist

Hi there,

On and off during the past year I''ve found that my left wrist gets " injured"  fairly easily: I mainly experience stiffness, with the occasional pins and needles after doing pushups, weights or if my keyboard is at an awkward position. I stopped doing weights for 2 months and my wrist had been fine, but recently I started again and the pain has come back.

A couple of years ago I did wrist curls with a 5kg weight and I found that it really hurt my wrist (cant remember which one(s)), so I stopped that. I also did a bit of boxing which hurt my wrist - so I don''t know if those play a role

Who would be the best person to see about this / be examined by?

Brian

I suggest that you consult a orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and possible x-rays of your wrist.