Posted by: mary | 2009-01-14

Hi i am a 41 year old female - bit overweight, do yoga once a week

my mom has arthritis and osteoperosis - she has had two hip replacements

i have been having a problem with my ankle for two years on and off - after a lot of walking around say a mall it is very swollen and sore. i have been to the Dr several times and had xrays but nothing

Also when i stand up after sitting for a while i am quite stiff and my knees and hips are sore sometimes.

do u think i could be starting with arthritis and what supplements can i take - at the moment I take minamino multi vitamin

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Mary
The first thing to do is to try and lose just a few kilos and see whether there is an improvement. Even a few extra kilos can cause the joints to complain. If your stiffness gets worse, I suggest you see a specialist physician with an interest in rheumatology.