Posted by: Keneilwe | 2009-01-07

Stiff painful legs during period

I really need advice, my 19 year old sister has a problem which is re-occuring for the second time. During her period, she has always suffered from hectic period pain, she has tried everything, Mybulin and Neorofen period pains being the latest pain killers which do not work.

Its become worse now, she feels her legs getting stiff, numb and very painful to the point that she can no longer move. Its worrying because she lives far from me, at University, is there anything we can do?

Please advise me on the kind of specialist she needs to see and what kind of tests they need to run on her so I can have better background before we take her to the hospital

THANKS a million!

If the pains are there on the first day and then get better, they are probably normal period pains.\ These can be quite severe. Ponstan often helps, especially if it is started just before the period starts. If she wants to see someone, she should see a gynaecologist. A history and examination will be the initial step.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-07

SHe needs to see a gynae.