Question
Posted by: stiff neck | 2008-12-03

stiff neck and shoulders

Dr Bets,
You previously suggested that I could have irritated nerve roots or compressed arteries causing the fact that I feel momentarily dizzy when I straighten my shoulders (to relieve the stiffness that I experience in my shoulders and neck).
Now for the miliion-dollar question- is there anything that can be done about an irritated nerve root or compressed artery? ..because I don' t want to have all sorts of expensive investigations only to find out that, yes, that' s it, but nothing can be done.
I know I have a bit of arthritis/bone spurs on my spine. This was discovered by ordinary x-ray some years ago when I had severe pinched nerve type symptoms.

Dear Stiff neck
Going to physiotherapist would probably resolve the symptoms - she will also be able to tell you if she thinks there are cause to see a specialist. Very expensive tests are not needed unless there are signs of severe weakness in the arms

2
Posted by: Mrs Vrushali | 2009-05-05

Hello,
I have been having stiff-neck and painfull-neck for last 2 wks now.
I tried muscle-relaxant and anti-inflammation medication for last 1 wk.
But it is not helping me.
Please guide. I will appreciate if you can suggest some remedy for this.
Many Thanks,
Regards,
Vrushali

Reply to Mrs Vrushali
Posted by: Mrs Vrushali | 2009-05-05

Hello,
But it is not helping me.
Many Thanks,
Regards,
Vrushali

Reply to Mrs Vrushali