Posted by: Nicolene | 2012-03-13

Stiff neck

Hi, I have been asked by 3 people now if I have a painful neck, because it looks like I can''t turn my head. And the beauty therapist asked me what is wrong with my back when I lied down. I did not even notice. I struggle with neck spasms, but not as bad as in 2006 when I had to have trigger point injections. I was off work on Friday with a Tension Headache. The GP examined me and could not find anything wrong with the stiffness. She just said my neck was in spasm. As I''m sitting here I''m in pain, but it is not unbearable. Would fisio help. I''m on a lot of meds for Bipolar, could that cause the problem?
Thanks for your help.

You will have to consult a physiotherapist or chiropractor to alleviate the muscle spasm. You can use Ibuprofen 400mg, three times daily for 5 days. Unfortunately, I do not know which medication you are taking and I am therefore, unable to advise if the muscles spasm is due to the medication. I suggest that you refer to the package insert under side effects.