Question

Stiff neck

Dear Expert,

I have had flu symptoms for the past couple of days including joint pain, but now all I have is a stiff sore neck and a headache at the back of my head. It's okay if I put my chin to my chest, but hurts if I have to look up. I know it will pass, but what can I do to relieve the pain - I don't want to take a whole lot of tablets.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello,
The best management for treating your pain is to consult an osteopath.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath

2
Posted by: suggestion | 2008/06/21

It sounds like you need to be assessed by a Dr, could be nerve related, coming from your neck. Your physio can also help you and treat you. Your physio can give you neural stretches to do there are 3 main nerves that can cause numbness in the fingers....somewhere you have an entrapment. Have it checked out.

Reply to suggestion
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/06/09

My left arm is paining especially when I am resting with my elbow on my desk. Sometimes the tips of my fingers feel numb. I have been using brufen 50mg for a week but the pain is still there.

Reply to Concerned