Posted by: No more | 2011-08-22

Stiff muscles

Hi there!!
I have severe muscle stiffness and pain every day, not only when I exercise or doing a new kind of exercise. I''ve tried many supplements, changed my diet to exclude more acidic foods and including more alkaline forming foods. Drinking much more water, only 1 or 2 cups of good quality espresso coffee per week, no fruit juices or sodas or any other drinks, sugar and dairy in small quantities etc. I''ve been to a Health Practitioner that diagnosed cholesterol 6.3, high ferritin levels in blood, thyroid not 100% etc. I''m in menopause the past 18 months, had hot flashes, estrogen depleted. Although the blood tests results were negative for auto-immune disease, I''m still worried that I can have Fibromyalgia or something else. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Expert ImageNatural health

You are quite right that acidity can be a big part of the stiffness.
You do not mention if you are on statins - if so muscle stiffness can be a possible side-effect.
Are you being treated for the low estrogen ? has any other blood tests been done for e.g. rheumatoid factor, crp ? How long have you had the pain. only with menopause or before. All these factors would give a clue to the possible underlying cause.
as a suggestion you can have a look at Ultraclear inflam as a product to start of with.

kind regards
Dr Debbie