Question
Posted by: sickofit | 2010/04/14

sticky throat

For the last 3 or so years I''ve had what my doctor says is a post nasal drip. It''s so sticky though, almost like glue and clings to the back of my throat, not budging when I try to swallow it down (which makes me feel quite claustrophobic sometimes) and it somerimes activates my gag reflex. it''s also resulted in me developing tonsilloliths. My doctor prescribed deselex which worked quite well after I''d been taking it for a few months but if I don''t take it (which has been the case due to travelling and not seeing my doctor) it comes back very quickly. Is there something I can get from the chemist that would help me? I''ve tried allergex but it makes me so sleepy which I don''t like. What would you reccommend?

Hallo Sickofit
Try using Beconase aqeous nasal spray twice a day longterm (or Beclate) and an antihistamine like Loratidine at night.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/15

Hallo Sickofit

Reply to cyberdoc