Question
Posted by: stupid me please help | 2009/01/19

sti syphilis

Please will you help me, my partner had syphilis 20 years ago and was treated with penicillin and there were no occurances since then, I gave him oral sex (once) is there a chance that this disease could be passed onto me? I am so worried please can you help me.

the only way to be fully sure is to have a blood test. this will be beneficial as you / or your partner may have contracted other STI's in the course of a lifetime. some STI's carry no symptoms but can have disasterous effects such as infertility.