Question
Posted by: minki | 2010/12/09

STI questions!

My partner and i have done our tests for hiv, i still feel scared though of giving him a blow job without a condom because even though we both negative, how do i know if he has an STI? i really dont want to insult him to ask him to GO back for STI tests now!!! i am particularly scared of the HPV and throat cancer link? should i be this worried or can i judge just my appearance that he has no signs of an HPV ie no warts or any other like gonoreah etc. OR will he not have any signs down there...

After the event what should i look out for around the mouth if indeed i catch something this way? and the STI''''s than can be transmitted this way? are they easy to treat SHOULD i get something?

he really seems a decent guy its just ME whose paranoid. I mean what the use of being safe for HIV and then i get HPV and later throat cancer... to me its just as bad dying of cancer... are my concerns valid? i have seen nothing untoward on his genitals at all its just based on all the literature out there which i sometimes swear is there to make one abstain forever!!! very scary.

HPV is usually asymptomatic in men so you would not see any signs. Throat cancer is not a common result of HPV infection. The only way to reassure yourself if you are really worried is for him to test for the other STIs.

2
Posted by: me | 2010/12/11

just read an article in mag of a woman who only had 3 partners whom she always used condoms with. Her 2nd partner was quite the womaniser so she made sure to use condoms always with him. She later discovered that in spite of this she got HPV virus, she had white growths on her vagina, she says it can be treated BUT the virus remains in you for life.

I was wondering if gynae doc could answer this. If youve already been exposed to the HPV do not have any symptoms or they''ve been treated can you be RE INFECTED by another partner or even the same partner over again? if it remains in you guess u cant get it AGAIN then...

is it really possible to get hpv even with a condom!!!? how SO? i guess we should all abstain completely unless you dont mind either HIV or HPV meaning possible cancer they both life sentences in a way...

Reply to me