Question
Posted by: Joan of Arc | 2010-09-02

Steroids

I have a strong suspicion that my son (16) has started injecting steroids. I don''''t know how to handle this as he knows that my hb and I don''''t approve. We have explained the risks involved many times and had a conversation with him, approaching him from his symptoms point of view, hoping he would admit and we can take it from there, but alas. Should I have him tested, ask him directly, inform his school (he gets it from someone at school), take him to a doctor or what?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Steroid use is dangerous, and even more so in teenagers. The amount of physical damage they can do to an undeveloped body make this a very serious issue.

If you suspect this, it is important to speak to him about it. If he denies it, you will need to consider taking advice from a professional in your area. I would recommend someone who specialises in addiction and substance abuse. They will be able to talk through with you the possible courses of action to take with your son and any possible involvement of the school.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010-09-08

Reply to Teen expert